Saturday, February 27, 2010

Luck of the Irish!

St. Patrick's Day is coming and let me tell you, it's not all about corned beef and cabbage! It's about these adorable treats!

I stole this hat from a leprachan because he kept stealing my lucky charms! Ha ha, just kidding. But isn't his hat so fun? I used one side of an oreo cookie for the brim of the hat and a cake ball for the top portion. dipped the cookie first in the green melt, then the cake pop and attached the pop to the cookie while still wet. Once it dried, I applied the black ribbon and the yellow buckle and then tried to put a shamrock with sugar crystals on the hat as well. Yes, that's what it's supposed to be. Looks like a bit of a green sparkly blob. Oh well, better luck next time eh?
Now, onto the shamrocks and the gold! It took me FOREVER to find a shamrock cookie cutter! Finally found one at Nobbies of all places!
And when you are thinking of St. Patty's Day, don't we think of the pot at the end of the rainbow...you know which one I'm talking about...the one with all the GOLD! So, while I was stealing his hat, I also snagged his gold! LOL.
For the pot of gold, I dipped a cake pop in black, turned it upside down to dry so that top would be flat. once it dried, I attached small round yellow disk sprinkles for the gold coins and then using a toothpick, I made a rim around the top so it would look like the gold was in a pot. These were fun to make. Keep watching...I've got more to come!



COMING SOON:
Easter cake pops and more St. Patty's Day pops. Also be looking for Yo Gabba Gabba pops and possibly little mouse pops!



No comments:

Post a Comment