Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Yet another new Adventure!

I have been asked to make an actual cake for a child's First Birthday! I am so excited! I've always wanted to do more than just the cake pops and now is my chance! Not that I don't love doing the cake pops because I DO! But I'm always looking for a new challenge!
The child's birthday theme is Barnyard animals. Not only am I doing some cake pops that will look like farm animals...keep watching for those.....but I get to do a mini cake and a regular cake as well! I am super excited and super nervous! BUT, I get to work with fondant for the first time! I've been looking for an excuse to use it and play with it, and now is my chance! The party isn't until April, but why not practice now? So, after drawing out what I would like the cake to look like, I got started! So far, I've got a cow and a pig for the top of the cake!

What do you think?
Not bad for my first time working with fondant? They are not as polished of course as some of the pros, but I think I did ok for my first time.
And if you were wondering...that is chocolate candy melt drizzled on the pig to look like he just swam around in some mud. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment