Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top of the Mornin to ya!

It's St. Patrick's Day today and what better way to celebrate than with a pot of gold and rainbow cupcakes??!!??

I bought flower pots at Michael's and painted them black to resemble a pot. I dipped about 7-8 cake pops in yellow and sprinkle just a bit of yellow sanding sugar on top to give the pops a bit of shine. I used multi-colored pipe cleaners to create the "rainbow" effect and taped them to the inside of the pot before I put the floral foam and the pops in. I love the way they turned out!
For the cupakes, kind of sticking with the rainbow theme, I decided to try out the rainbow colored cupcakes. I just mixed up a regular white cake and then divided the batter into 5 different bowls. I dyed the batter in each bowl a different color and then layered the colors into the cupcake liners, starting with blue, then green, yellow, orange and topping with red. the order of the rainbow from top to bottom!

Here's the inside of one so you can see! AWESOME! I then dyed buttercream frosting, green and spread that on top of each one, then smashed the top of the cupcake in green sanding sugar. Using the remaining green frosting, I piped clovers on top. My hubby was supposed to take some of them with him to work this morning, but he forgot them, so his loss was my office's gain lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment