Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Baby Sister!

Not only is today Groundhog's Day, but it is also my little sister's birthday! She is 17 years old today. I can remember many years ago we would joke with her on her birthday by saying we were going to stick her outside as the sun came up and see if she could find her shadow or not. We never did actually put her out there, though I'm sure she would have gone along with it if we did!
It's still hard for me to comprehend that 17 years have gone by so quickly. She is growing up to be an amazing young woman and I cannot wait to see who she becomes. She used to be my biggest enemy, always fighting with me and making me fight for our parent's attentions since she is 9 years younger than me, but as time has gone by, she has become one of my best friends. So Lizzybeth Ann, these are for you. I love you and wish you the best that life has to offer you this year, and in all the years to come. Hang in there kiddo, life only gets better from here!
Now, back to the cake pops!


I started out with the idea of making these off the stick, but surprisingly, they were more time consuming than being on the stick! I love how he turned out though! I used crushed graham crackers for the "sand" or "dirt" around the bottom of him, with the idea that he would look like he was coming out of his hole!
I think these will be the perfect treat for Groundhog's day! If that stinking little rodent sees his shadow and predicts more winter to come, then people can take out their anger by eating him! lol.

HAPPY GROUNDHOG'S DAY AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZZYBETH!


No comments:

Post a Comment