Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Princess and the Frog

Who hasn't heard of the Princess and the Frog story? Well, how about the new Disney version...I think I might have been the only one that had no idea about it or the characters involved. So, when a lady at my office asked if I could do a princess and the frog themed cake for her daughter's 2nd birthday coming up, I said ok, and then ran out and rented the movie lol.
It was an adorable movie!
The woman wanted the cake to be on the small side since it would only be her and the family eating it, and she wanted the characters to be in their frog form. That took some work.


I used my giant cupcake pan since that would be perfect for a small cake. Then I set out on my research to find pictures of both the "frog" and the princess in their frog forms.
The Prince came first-I used fondant for his body and pearl candies with my Americolor edible markers for his eyes. He's a little chubbier than he should be, but let's face it, flies are fatty.


I would have liked Princess Tiana to look a bit more feminine, but she's not that bad. I think she's my favorite out of both frogs. I placed them on top of the cupcake on a giant fondant lilypad and then put smaller pads around them with flowers to make it a bit more girly.


I think Brynn really enjoyed this cake...if her face is any indication!




No comments:

Post a Comment