Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Puppy Pops!

I had so much fun doing these for a 2 year old's birthday party this last weekend! I credit the idea from Bakerella's website (http://www.bakerella.com) and though I improvised mine a bit, I think they turned out just as cute as hers did!


She used chocolate candy melt to form her ears for her puppies, but I found that using flattened out tootsie rolls were just as good and they didn't break as easily. I also used tootsie rolls for the puppies noses instead of using a 1/2 of an M&M. I used my edible pen to draw on their mouths and eyes. And since I was dealing with 2 year olds, I decided to try using gummy lifesavers instead of the regular hard ones and they worked perfectly!


These were a hit among the kiddos AND the adults! I used hershey chocolate cake and cream cheese frosting and went with the White puppy design.

No comments:

Post a Comment