Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Birthday "Beer" Pops

After I had posted some pictures of my cake pops on my facebook account, I had a few people start to request orders of cake pops. The first one I received was for a co-worker's husband. His birthday was coming up and she wanted to know if I could do beer bottles. I'd never tried, but I thought, I'll give it a shot!
They didn't come out exactly how I wanted them to. They look more old-fashioned to me and not quite like a beer bottle...but hey, for a first try, I'll take it.
I used chocolate cake and cream cheese frosting, formed the bottle shapes before they went into the freezer for a bit. then I dipped them in chocolate candy melt and topped each one with a Bottle Cap candy. The label was a little more difficult for me. At first, I thought I could paint one on in melting candies, but that did not work at all. So I did the only thing I could at the time, I called my mother for advice. She suggested the fruit roll ups, and they worked pretty good! The co-worker and her husband absolutely loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment