Monday, May 10, 2010

New Flavors!

I recently got a chance to try out some new flavors of cake pop! I love experimenting!
The first one is actually the month of May's Flavor of the Month, Key Lime. I had previously tried them out as cupcakes and thought they were pretty good, so I was excited when I actually got an order for the cake pops.
I mixed the key lime cake with cream cheese frosting, dipped them in yellow candy melt and swirled green candy melt around the base. I then took a lighter green, and piped on the crecent shape and then used white to form the lines, creating a candy lime!

The next flavor I got to create was Chocolate Covered Cherry! And let me tell you, it REALLY does taste just like a chocolate covered cherry. I had previously done this flavor in the past, but I had used cherry cake with cherry frosting and dipped it in chocolate. While it was good, it just does not compare to this one!
I used left over chocolate cake and mixed in cherry frosting, I then dipped it in chocolate candy melt, swirled it with pink, then added the candy cherries on top!
This last one is brand spanking new. The client who ordered these has great taste! She asked me to do Pineapple cake and mix it with cherry frosting, thinking that just maybe it would taste like pineapple upside-down cake. I was hesitant that it actually would, but I had no reason to doubt! It DOES! I think this one is my new favorite! I took Pineapple cake, mixed it with a little bit of cherry frosting, but to me the cherry was a bit over-powering, so I added a little bit of real pineapple juice to the mix and VOILA! Once that was done, I dipped them in white candy melt, swirled with orange and then made a cute little pineapple slice on top with yellow and brown melt and dropped a bit of red in the middle for a cherry!


So this actually makes a total of 4 "gourmet" flavors to choose from now! Strawberry Shortcake (look at previous posts), Key Lime, Chocolate Covered Cherry, and Pineapple Upside-Down Cake!
As a side note: I do also offer the Pineapple Upside-down Cake as a cupcake! It's a typical pineapple cupcake with the pineapple and cherry pieces baked underneath with the rich brown sugary syrup-just like a regular pineapple upside-down cake! So yummy. I think there is a picture possibly back towards the beginning of my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment