Thursday, December 31, 2009

Santa needs a helper!

Sorry it has taken me so long to get some of my Christmas posts up and running! Christmas was a very busy time for me, not only for my own baking, but for many large orders of cake pops for other companies and clients! I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to all who ordered during the holiday and look forward to working with all of you in the new year!
Now, back to Santa's lil helper!
Where would Santa be without his....ELVES! I figured, hey, if i can make Santa, surely I can make an elf!

So here he is with pointed ears and all! I absolutely adore him! And he was sooo easy to make! I made skin tone candy melt again, much like I did for Santa, and then dipped a left-over cake ball into it. Let that sit to dry and then dipped the top half of him in the green, let that dry, then dipped that in red, leaving a little green, then once that dried, you guess it...dipped it back in the green again and topped it with white candy for the puff on the top of a hat!

Then, using the skin tone candy melt that was hardening just a bit, I put a nose on him and some pointy ears! Then I used my Americolor edible pen and drew on eyes, freckles and a mouth! He is so neat and he turned out exactly like I wanted him to!


No comments:

Post a Comment