Monday, April 25, 2011

SURPRISE!!

I belong to an online network called The Nest (thenest.com) and I have had the opportunity to meet so many nice women my age in the Omaha area. S is one of them! I have done many orders in the past for her and I'm always looking forward to doing more! So when her hubby contacted me about doing a cake as a surprise for her birthday, I jumped! It was definetly a challenging cake. S is on a strict vegan adventure right now, so the cake had to be vegan as well. If you've never made a vegan cake, I recommend trying it sometime!

What he asked was that the cake be red velvet and maybe 2 layers and that her favorite color was green and then basically said, have at it! lol. I love when I get to play around with cakes and try new things out!


What I did is made a 2 layer vegan red velvet cake, covered it in vegan frosting tinted green and then made fondant in various colors and cut strips, laid them out on the cake, used the leftover to make little balls and a ribbon...
And then the polka dots on the top before piping the message. She was definetly surprised!
This was the message she left on my facebook page:

"Thank you soooooooooooooo much, Ashley!! Everyone (including me!) loved the cake. In fact, my friend Kellie said she liked it better than regular cake!!"

I'm glad she and her friends/family enjoyed it!





No comments:

Post a Comment