Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Gotcha Day"

I know, it's been a while since I last posted. I guess you could say it's been a slow month, or that I took a bit of a vacation? But now I'M BACK!
I was contacted a few weeks ago to create an arrangement for a client and her family celebrating "Gotcha Day".
For those of you who don't know what that means: the client and her family adopted a chinese girl years ago, so every year they celebrate the day they "Got" her. I think that is the coolest thing in the world!

Speaking of world...the client asked for plain red cake pops in honor of her daughters chinese heritage and she wanted them arranged in a half sphere that looked like the world. I couldn't find a sphere large enough, so I did one better, I bought a big flower pot and painted the world on it and then arranged all the pops in the pot. It still just didn't look like enough to me, so I made the 2 flags honoring both heritages together and stuck them in the top. The client was very pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment