Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cupcakes!

I'm expanding my portfolio. I love making cake pops and the occasional birthday cakes, but it seems that here lately, (and I'm totally blaming this on Wilton) cake pops have exploded. They have become uber popular due to Wilton's new cake pop book and cake pop supplies. So, now that everyone seems to be making cake pops of the plain and specialty variety, I need to step it up a notch and expand my portfolio. I have been working on some new flavors of cake and cupcakes, more sugar cookies and birthday cakes/wedding cakes, and other yummy desserts: cheesecakes, cheesecake stuffed strawberries, fruit tarts, cream puffs, etc.... I've also been playing around with the idea of dessert buffets for weddings, birthdays and baby showers/bridal showers!
So, back to the task at hand, to kick start my new line of desserts, here are 2 of my newest flavors:
This one is just in time for St. Patty's Day! I call it an Irish Car Bomb cupcake although, I think my co-workers call it OMG. lol. It is a chocolate Guinness cupcake filled with a chocolate gananche infused with Bailey's Irish Cream liquor and topped with a Bailey's Irish Cream buttercream frosting. It is AMAZING! Super moist and full of flavor!
This one I like to call the Police Man's Special lol. It is a coffee flavored cake with coffee flavored frosting and topped with a donut-Coffee and Donut cupcakes! I even sprinkled the donuts with a bit of nutmeg to bring out the flavors a bit more!

Stay tuned, I have more to show you in the next couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment