Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Big Valentine Order!

One of the companies that I have been making cake pops for recently placed a large Valentine order! They brought me these adorable mugs and asked that I create 7 dozen cake pops (1/2 heart shaped, 1/2 plain) and arrange them into 21 mugs!

I was up until 4 in the morning finishing these little guys up, but honestly, I had a fun time making them! The arrangements in the end turned out so neat, it made it all worth it!
This is only about 1/2 the mugs. The rest were already finished with some red crinkle paper filling and boxed up ready to go! The cake pops were made with marble cake and cream cheese frosting. I haven't branched over to using a mold to shape my cake pops yet, so I used a heart shaped cookie cutter for the hearts, and my hands of course for the plain round balls. The cookie cutter works pretty good for me actually and doesn't take me long at all to whip out a bunch at once. For the plain balls, I dipped them alternately in red, white and pink and threw heart shaped sprinkles on top. For the hearts, I dipped them alternately in the same colors, and then drew designs on each one.
The company enjoyed the look of these so much, they are already coming up with ideas for the next couple of months for me! They are so awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment